A bogey-free 6-under 64 for @JhonattanVegas was good enough for the early lead @TheHondaClassic.#LiveUnderPar pic.twitter.com/LB4RmICM4g— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) February 28, 2019It was a relatively calm day as the wind blew about 8 mph, so there weren’t a ton of huge scores out on the course. Arnold Palmer Invitational: Phil Mickelson, Brooks Koepka added to stacked field Jhonattan Vegas did something incredibly difficult Thursday. He made his way around the PGA National Champion Course in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., and didn’t make a single bogey.Not even on the famed Bear Trap. Vegas took a two-shot lead after firing a 6-under 64. Vegas even went 1 under on the Bear Trap, which consists of the 15th, 16th and 17th holes at PGA National.”(Any) time you can come around this place and not make a bogey it’s pretty good,” Vegas said after his round. Related News Four men finished the day in a tie for second place as Zach Johnson, Ernie Els, Benjamin Silverman and Lucas Glover all shot 4-under 66.Making it look easy. 🎯49-year-old Ernie Els (@TheBig_Easy) shoots a 4-under 66 in Round 1 @TheHondaClassic.#LiveUnderPar pic.twitter.com/4kFEgoRroC— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) February 28, 2019Rickie Fowler, Brooks Koepka, Sergio Garcia and Billy Horschel are part of a 14-man group in a tie for sixth at 3 under. Fowler had to fight back from a triple-bogey at the sixth to get back to red numbers.Another birdie for @RickieFowler. He’s climbed back into red numbers.#QuickHits pic.twitter.com/l2bD1Sn6CF— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) February 28, 2019Elsewhere on the course, Justin Thomas is at 2 under, Ryan Palmer is at even par and Alexander Noren had a rough day, shooting a 7-over 77.
However, two simple Suarez finishes from close range either side of half-time and Paulinho’s late tap-in glossed over another under-par performance from Ernesto Valverde’s men, who were again thankful to a fine display from goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen.“The important thing was to win,” Suarez told BeIN Sports Spain.“We always try to play our best in every game but sometimes it is not possible.”– Refreshed Suarez –Suarez was refreshed after sitting out international duty with Uruguay over the past fortnight and had the ball in the net after just four minutes, but Jordi Alba had already been flagged for offside as he supplied the cross for the former Liverpool striker.Leganes have enjoyed a fine start to just their second ever season in the Spanish top flight and a repeat of the 5-0 thrashing Barca dished out on their visit to Butarque last season was never likely as the hosts went onto enjoy the better of the opening half. Amrabat was the creator once more for Leganes’ best chance before the break when he released Alexander Szymanowski inside the area, but the Argentine’s curling effort was turned to safety by the in-form Ter Stegen.The German goalkeeper was called into action again early in the second period when Leganes substitute Claudio Beauvue was too quick for the Barca defence only to fire straight at Ter Stegen.In contrast, just as in the first half, Barca were ruthlessly efficient in front of goal to double their lead on the hour mark.Lionel Messi’s dinked pass released Alcacer and after Cuellar parried his first effort, Suarez drilled home the rebound for his second of the afternoon.Barca rode their luck to hold out for a 12th clean sheet in their last 17 games as Ter Stegen saved one-on-one from Amrabat and Beauvue blasted well over when unmarked 10 yards out.However, Barca piled more pressure on the chasing Atletico and Real ahead of the Madrid derby and rubbed salt into Leganes’ wounds when Paulinho rolled into an empty net when a loose ball broke off Messi in stoppage time.Share on: WhatsApp “Perhaps 0-3 is a bit excessive. They played well enough for the gap between the teams to not be so great,” said Barca boss Valverde.The busy Nordin Ambrabat fired a shot over after a positive run at the Barca defence before Gabriel Pires also dragged an effort wide when well-placed at the edge of the box.However, Leganes’ good work in the opening half hour was undone by a goalkeeping error when Ivan Cuellar limply palmed Paco Alcacer’s driven cross into the path of the grateful Suarez to smash home his first goal for a month.“I wasn’t anxious. The important thing was to feel good again and help the team,” added Suarez.Barca’s joy was tempered moments later when Gerard Pique was booked for bringing down Amrabat meaning he will be suspended for next weekend’s clash at Valencia. Madrid, Spain | AFP | Luis Suarez ended a five-game goal drought with a double as Barcelona extended their lead at the top of La Liga with a flattering 3-0 win at Leganes on Saturday.Barca now lead second-placed Valencia by seven points ahead of their trip to the Mestalla next weekend, with both Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid 11 points adrift before they face off in the Madrid derby later on Saturday (1945 GMT).
Facebook34Tweet0Pin0Submitted by Washington State Department of CommerceWashington state today launched an online form so businesses can get clarification or submit a request for inclusion as essential under Gov. Jay Inslee’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy proclamation. The proclamation went into effect at midnight last night, closing non-essential businesses for the next two weeks.State officials continue to emphasize that the state COVID-19 web portal is the central location for the most current information and resources for businesses and individuals: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/business-workers.Inslee’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy proclamation defines essential and non-essential businesses and workers related to the COVID-19 emergency response. People are encouraged to review the proclamation language carefully on what is open and what is closed for the next two weeks.“This is a difficult time for all of us, and we recognize the hardship on many businesses and families,” said Commerce Director Lisa Brown. “As Governor Inslee said Monday night, we want to get back to normal as soon as possible, and to do that, we have to hit this hard. We are taking steps to relieve and mitigate the economic impacts of this action to the greatest extent possible.”Brown underscored that this is for now a two-week closure, and state officials will be evaluating the situation as we move through the expected increase in numbers of people testing positive for COVID-19.Inquiries from businesses about their essential/non-essential status are being reviewed as quickly as possible. For fastest response, businesses are urged to use the portal.In response to widely-circulated rumors, state officials also want to be clear that no one needs to be registered on any list, and no one needs a letter or pass of any kind to continue moving about, conducting essential business and activities. Visit the portal’s Spread the facts page.The COVID-19 portal at www.coronavirus.wa.gov will have the most current and accurate information.