• Home
  • Tag: 爱上海WB

The Grateful Dead Release Full Audio From Second-Ever Red Rocks Show In 1978 [Listen]

first_imgAfter much anticipation, the Grateful Dead finally released their 12-CD box set, July 1978: The Complete Recordings. Focusing on five shows held between July 1-8 of 1978, the complete set is packed with hours of prime Grateful Dead goodness.In addition to the full box set, the Dead have shared a separate release of their performance at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, CO from July 8th, 1978. This was the second night of a two-night stand, and the band’s second show at Red Rocks ever. The Dead would go on to play the iconic venue for a total of 20 times, setting a long-held sold-out show record that was recently broken by Widespread Panic.Fortunately, the entirety of the July 8th show is also on Spotify, which means we can happily share and listen to the pristine audio from this show. From the opener “Bertha” to the finale, a cover of Warren Zevon’s “Werewolves of London,” which was released that year, this is some of the best Grateful Dead music around. Enjoy! You can also watch Twist & Shout Records owner Paul Epstein talk about the shows, which he attended, below:Thanks for the music, Grateful Dead!last_img read more

Bus Driver Gets 1 Year for Syosset DWI Crash

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A school bus driver was sentenced Monday to a year in jail for crashing a minibus with five children aboard into a Syosset home while he was drunk last fall.Frederick Flowers had pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated and other charges at Nassau County court.Prosecutors said the 66-year-old Massapequa Park man was under the influence of alcohol when he crashed the bus into a house on Teibrook Avenue in October.Flowers told the court he was “beyond sorry” and his lawyer said he repeatedly asked how the children are doing, according to NBC New York.The five kids—ages 5, 6, 8 and two age 9—were not hurt and nobody was in the home at the time.last_img read more

Grand National hero One For Arthur retires | Racing News

first_img“We are immensely grateful for what Arthur has done for us and the journey that he has taken us on. It was a huge privilege to win the National for Scotland, and the recognition and opportunity that he brought us and Scottish racing was tremendous.”One For Arthur retires at the age of 11, having won seven of his 25 races under rules.The statement added: “While the temptation was always to race him again, we knew that there would be a time when it would be right to call a halt to his racing career.- Advertisement – “We are delighted that he is fit and well and will now retire to an active life – and we wish him a happy and long retirement.”One of the Golf Widows, Deborah Thomson said: “Arthur has taken us on an incredible journey, one that we will forever be grateful to him for.“He is a once-in-a-lifetime horse with great presence, and we are so pleased that he can look forward to a relaxing and enjoyable time post-racing.” – Advertisement – After becoming Scotland’s first winner of the great race for 38 years, under jockey Derek Fox, he was denied the chance to defend his title in 2018 when he had to miss the following season through injury.He then managed just six more starts – including in sixth behind Tiger Roll in last year’s National – and ran his last race when pulled up in Haydock’s Grand National Trial nine months ago.A statement on the Kinross trainer’s website lucindarussell.com read: “With mixed emotions, (owners) the Two Golf Widows and Lucinda Russell Racing announce that One For Arthur, the 2017 Randox Health Grand National winner has been retired; we have decided to call time on the racing career of our much loved warrior.- Advertisement – Lucinda Russell paid tribute to “our much loved warrior” as she announced the retirement of 2017 Grand National winner One For Arthur.Russell described it as a “huge privilege” to guide One For Arthur through a career which was capped with victory at Aintree during his highly-progressive campaign in 2016/17.- Advertisement –last_img read more

France rules out ‘total lockdown’ in case of new COVID-19 spike

first_imgBillions of euros have been promised for investments as well as measures to limit job losses in an economy expected to shrink around 10 percent this year. “We are going to protect people, but above all we are going to invest in the ecological transformation, in our country’s recovery,” Castex said.He also confirmed he had increased a proposed wage hike and budget boosts for hospital staff by around one billion euros in negotiations with unions this week, bring the total envelope to 7.5 billion euros ($8.5 billion).But union leaders say that would lift monthly pay for nurses, technicians and others on the frontlines of the coronavirus fight by only 180 euros a month, far short of demands for a 300 euro raise.The outbreak has killed nearly 30,000 people in France since the first cases were reported in January. Instead any business closures or stay-at-home orders would be “targeted” to specific areas, he said.”The coronavirus is still here,” Castex warned, adding that he would travel Sunday to France’s South American territory of French Guiana, which is reeling from a surge in cases.Officials reported 124 new cases in the territory on Tuesday, bringing the total to nearly 5,200, and the government has dispatched dozens of health workers from the mainland to reinforce hospital staff.Castex was named by President Emmanuel Macron last week to lead a new government tasked with orchestrating the country’s recovery from its worst health and economic crisis since World War II. The French government said Wednesday it is preparing for a second wave of COVID-19 cases that could emerge in the coming months, but will not respond with another nationwide lockdown to contain the outbreak.”My aim is to prepare France for an eventual second wave, while preserving our daily life, our economic and social life,” new Prime Minister Jean Castex said in an interview on RTL television.”But we’re not going to impose a lockdown like the one we did last March, because we’ve learned… that the economic and human consequences from a total lockdown are disastrous,” he said.center_img Topics :last_img read more

Alfreda J. Peters, 94

first_imgAlfreda J. Peters, 94, Greensburg, passed away on Friday, March 31, 2017 at the Morning Breeze in Greensburg. Born, October 31, 1922 in Hamburg, Indiana, she was the daughter of John M. and Rose (Lamping) Bedel.  Alfreda worked several years as a housekeeper in Cincinnati, Ohio.  She was a member of the St. Mary’s Catholic Church. She was married to Clement B. Peters on September 8, 1943 and he preceded her in death on July 10, 1991. She is survived by three sons, Marvin (Anita) Peters, Greencastle, Dennis Peters, Frankfort, Eugene (Susan) Peters, Greensburg; four daughters, Marjorie (George) Wannamaker, Indianapolis, Diana (John) Crosby, Blue Ridge, GA, Cynthia (Karl) Keillor, Naperville, IL, Kathleen (Tim) Lecher, Greensburg; one brother, Ferdinand “John” (Marjorie) Bedel; nine grandchildren and eight great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her parents, husband; son, Clement Peters, Jr; daughter, Marietta Peters; Daughter in law, Lucinda Peters; Sister-in-law, Hilda Peters; eleven brothers and sisters, Rosemary, Cecelia, Eustella, Adelheide, Antoinette, Edmund, Alvin, Sylvester, Alberta, Coletta, and Dolores. Family and friends will gather at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday at the funeral home to pray the rosary.   Visitation will follow until 8:00 p.m. at the Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home in Greensburg.   The family will also receive friends from 9:00 a.m. until the funeral mass at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, April 7, 2017 at the St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Greensburg with Rev. John Meyer officiating. Interment will be held in the St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery in Greensburg. Memorials may be made to the St. Mary’s Catholic Church Building Fund or to the Our Hospice of Southeastern Indiana. Online condolences can be made to the family at www.popfuneralhome.comlast_img read more

Aussie charged under terror law

first_imgProponents of the new system say they expect the federal courts to rule in favor of the military commissions. Meanwhile, Australia, a steadfast U.S. ally in the War on Terror, has been pressuring the Bush administration to send Hicks back to his native country. Last month, Sandra Hodgkinson, the State Department’s deputy director for war crimes issues, told reporters that “it’s certainly believed that Mr. Hicks may be able to carry out his incarceration, after the appeals process is complete, in Australia.” President George W. Bush and Congress established the new legal system last fall. Lawmakers set up the tribunals after the Supreme Court ruled an older version established by Bush was unconstitutional because it lacked Congress’ blessing and violated international agreements. WASHINGTON – The Bush administration filed charges Thursday against an Australian captured in Afghanistan after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and held ever since without trial, the first terror-war suspect to face prosecution under a new system of military tribunals. David Hicks, a 31-year-old former kangaroo skinner now held at the Guantanamo Bay military prison, was charged with providing material support for terrorism and could face life imprisonment if convicted. Court challenges are certain before any trial. Hicks’ case, which has attracted broad attention in the U.S. and overseas, could well become the one that opponents of the new military tribunal system use to challenge the system at the Supreme Court. Opponents of the military commissions say they are illegal because they do not afford many legal rights guaranteed under the Constitution. “It all seems to be an intermingling of politics and pressure,” said Jumana Musa, advocacy director for Amnesty International. “But none of it screams to me to be in the interest of justice.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more