• Home
  • Tag: 夜上海论坛QJ

Marcus Rezak To Join G-Nome Project At Upcoming Chicago Show

first_imgIsraeli livetronica act G-Nome Project just landed in the United States for an early Fall tour that will see the group travel around a good portion of the country. The group announced they will be bringing along guitarist, longtime friend and Chicago native Marcus Rezak for their upcoming show at Subterranean on Saturday, September 17th, which also sees up and coming act Chachuba on as support. (Purchase tickets HERE)G-Nome Project is comprised of keyboardist Eyal Salomon, guitarist Shlomo Langer, bassist Zechariah Reich, and drummer Chemy Soibelman. The Jerusalem-based act have taken their local scene by storm, selling out venues in their hometown, all the way to Tel Aviv with their brand of electro-funk. G-Nome has been making a name for themselves in the U.S. since their first shows on this side of the pond a couple of years back.  Coming off a major play at Camp Bisco earlier this summer, and an upcoming performance at the Catskill Chill festival, this current tour sees the band ready to make some serious waves.Chachuba, a four-piece trancefusion/jam act from Chicago, made up of Nate Beitz (bass), Sean DiCosola (keys/production), Paul Feinstein (drums), and Jimmy Klimek (guitar/303), is able to transcend genres with heavy and melodic guitar riffs, synths, and funky beats. If you like to get down, don’t sleep on this show. It’s going to be a hot one!Purchase tickets for G-Nome Project at Subterranean on Saturday, September 17th here.Show Info:Bands:        G-Nome Project w/ Chachuba and special guest Marcus RezakVenue:        SubterraneanDate:          Saturday – September 17th, 2016Time:          Doors 8pm / Show 9pmTickets:       $12adv / $15dos (Purchase HERE)Enter To Win Tickets:last_img read more

A few renos and four years later this Taringa home has sold for $470,000 more than its owners paid for it

first_imgStanley Tce, TaringaA FEW renovations and four years later this Taringa home has sold for $470,000 more than its owners originally paid for it.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home2 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor2 hours agoThe home at Stanley Terrace, Taringa sold under the hammer at auction for $1.34 million through Ben White of Place New Farm.Mr White said the owners paid $870,000 for the house four years ago and renovated it to sell. There were three registered bidders.“The buyer is from Melbourne, but originally from Queensland, and is moving back to Brisbane permanently,’’ Mr White said.The three-level, five-bedroom home is on a 835sq m block. It has double high ceilings and there is a fireplace with glass sliders which opens directly onto the rear deck.The kitchen has dark benchtops, white cabinetry, stainless steel appliances and a glass splashback.last_img read more

Nigeria’s government summons South Africa ambassador over xenophobic attacks

first_imgNigeria’s minister of state for foreign affairs, Musiliu Obanikoro. Nigeria’s Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Musiliu Obanikoro invited South Africa’s high commissioner Lulu Mnguni to discuss the “on-going xenophobic attacks against fellow Africans in South Africa”, the Nigerian foreign ministry said in a statement on Wednesday.“The essence of the summon was to register Nigeria’s protest over the on-going xenophobic attacks against fellow Africans in South Africa.”In a statement made available to LEADERSHIP yesterday, Ambassador Obanikoro condemned the attacks on foreigners in South Africa, and expressed concern about the fate of Nigerians and, indeed, of other African immigrants in the country.“South Africa needs to take concrete steps to quell the unrest and bring the culprits involved to book to act as a deterrent and prevent further violence,” he said.Meanwhile, the South African high commissioner, in his response, explained that his government was doing everything possible to stop the attacks and prosecute culprits.He also expressed appreciation to the Nigerian government and people for the mature manner the crisis had been handled.Since the attacks started last week, several Nigerians have lost their businesses and other belongings to fire set by locals.Obanikoro said that the Nigerian high commissioner, Martin Cobham, and other officials were taking stock of the damage done to Nigerians to ensure that adequate compensation is paid to them.Related Hundreds arrested over xenophobic attacks in South Africa. South Africa Police Arrest Many for Feared Xenophobic Attackscenter_img Xenophobic attacks threaten South Africa’s tourismlast_img read more