Sprint Cup champion shows off new NASCAR app Brad Keselowski introduces a new NASCAR app with Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs. NASCAR’s participation in the world’s largest electronic show is evidence of the leadership role it continues to play in the sports world. After successful partnership announcements last year with Twitter, Google and HP, NASCAR last week launched a new digital platform. The new NASCAR.com will capture the excitement of NASCAR through dynamic video, bold imagery, interactive graphics and the latest news and in-depth analysis. An interactive live leaderboard will provide fans with in-depth information in real-time for each driver on race days, and NASCAR FANTASY LIVE, the official NASCAR fantasy game, will have a new look and feel. Finally, a pair of mobile apps, which will be released before the start of the season, will give fans an unprecedented second screen experience on their tablets and mobile devices.The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is the leading international trade show for companies that make consumer electronics. On an annual basis, more than 150,000 people attend CES and more than 20,000 new products have been launched at the show, including the VCR, HDTV, DVD and the tablet computer. CES also attracts some of the biggest names in Hollywood. At last year’s show alone, celebrity attendees included Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber, Will Smith, LL Cool J, Jillian Michaels, Ryan Seacrest, and Kelly Clarkson.See more photos of Keselowski at CES below. Brad Keselowski (C) on stage with NASCAR Vice President of Digital Media Marc Jenkins (L) and Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs (R). Brad Keselowski, 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion, and Marc Jenkins, NASCAR’s VP of digital media, joined Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs on stage Monday night in Las Vegas during Jacobs’ keynote address to kick off the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show. The trio unveiled a conceptual app that NASCAR and Qualcomm are currently working on which will allow fans at home to watch NASCAR races like never before.
Coach of hosts Senegal, Joseph Koto, cannot wait to battle Nigeria in the final of the U-20 African Youth Championship on Sunday in Dakar.The Nigerians are the only team to have beaten the junior Teranga Lions in the tournament – a 3-1 defeat that came in the opening game. It was Senegal’s first ever game in the history of the competition which the Flying Eagles have won a record six times.A draw and two wins later, Koto wants see whether the Nigerians deserved their win over his team.Speaking after the Lion cubs beat the impressive Mali 2-1 in the semi-finals on Wednesday, the former Teranga Lions boss praised his players and asserted that the defensive frailties ruthlessly exploited by Nigeria have now been fixed.”The match was 50-50 and my players did very well to win. Football is not a science and I congratulate my team for a good job.” Koto said in his reaction to the Mali game.”Our defence improved today compared to the previous where they fumbled under pressure. Also, our goalkeeper, Ibrahim Sy had a good day but he was largely assisted by the impregnable backline. “I’m happy to play Nigeria again in the final and this is an opportunity to judge whether they are better than us. If they beat us again, then I will congratulate them.”Despite being rated as one of Africa’s top footballing nations, Senegal have never won a football competition on the continent and Koto feels this is about the time to cross the Rubicon. He has called on his countrymen to flood the Stade Leopold Sedar Senghor to support the team to victory.”Senegal needs an African title and I’m urging all the fans to come to the stadium on Sunday (March 22) to support the boys to victory.”His skipper Roger Gomis has also promised fireworks against the Manu Garba-led Flying Eagles.”We did what the coach told us to do and this resulted in the victory (over Mali). We wanted to win the game and we succeeded. We were not under any form of pressure. The fans will see a different team for the final on Sunday because we are more than motivated to win the ultimate.” Gomis said. Ghana will play a third/fourth place match before the final.–