• Home
  • Tag: 北京交流验证

Wobblesauce Releases Jammin’ New EP, ‘Obstacle Illusions’ [Premiere/Listen]

first_imgWobblesauce has released part one of their double EP release, Obstacle Illusions, today, Wednesday July 20th 2016. In this four-track EP, the band really demonstrates how a four-piece rock group can progressively stretch the boundaries between jam and electronica, while still paying homage to the classics. This is especially apparent from their in-studio video and featured track release of “Grawlix” which clearly displays how each individual instrumentalist contributes to their complex layers of sound.From soaring guitar riffs and sultry synth lines, to textured bass drops filled with prog-rock polyrhythms, Wobblesauce delivers songs that take you on a sonic journey of the inner mind and spirit. Thanks to the band, we’re excited to premiere this jamming new release.Tune in to Obstacle Illusions: Part 1, streaming in full below.Part Two of Obstacle Illusions is due out this fall, so get ready… Join the Wobblesociety today! You can catch the band on the road at the tour dates below.last_img read more

Grimley moves into new Cardiff offices

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Tokyo Games postponement blessing in disguise for Indonesian sports

first_imgAthletes and sports federations look at the postponement of the 2020 Olympics as a blessing in disguise despite having to wrap their heads around revised training programs and budgets, as it gives them another year to hone their skills and prepare for competition on the biggest stage.Veteran weightlifter Eko Yuli Irawan was not discouraged when he heard that the Tokyo Games were postponed to sometime next year, no later than summer 2021. He is still hopeful to come out on top at the sporting event to bring home Olympic gold.“One thing is certain; the preparation time will be much longer,” Eko told The Jakarta Post on Thursday. “It also does not affect me mentally; I will keep adhering to the [training] program.” Having participated in three Olympic games since 2008, the Indonesian has collected one silver and two bronze medals. Silver, which he won in the men’s 61-kilogram category at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, is his highest achievement so far.At the age of 30, which by occupational standards can no longer be considered young, Eko and the Indonesian Weightlifting, Powerlifting and Bodybuilders Association (PABBSI) will now have to design a training program that is suitable for maintaining him at his prime as they push ahead with the year-long preparation for 2021.Indonesia weightlifting team manager Alamsyah Wijaya said the postponement had forced him to review all training programs, but he insisted the association would continue to train athletes who had been preparing for the Tokyo Games.“We will ask the Youth and Sports Ministry not to stop the training program. [With this delay] we will be entering the halfway period of our preparations at the end of this year,” Alamsyah said on Friday. “Like it or not, […] we are entering the performance maintenance period again.” The PABBSI has secured two spots for the Tokyo weightlifting event, one for Eko and the other for youngster Windy Cantika Aisah, who competes in the women’s 49-kg category.The association has received Rp 10 billion (US$616,142) from the ministry for its 2020 training programs, which include preparations for the Olympics. But now that the Summer Games have been moved back to 2021, Alamsyah said the PABBSI would talk to the ministry about shifting some of the funds previously allocated for tryouts and overseas training camps toward keeping the Olympics training program afloat for the remainder of the year.So far, plans to participate in a tryout in Romania and a tournament in Kazakhstan have been scrapped because the events were canceled, while training camps also had to be postponed in light of Japan’s decision to push back the Games over fears of exposing people to a risk of COVID-19 contagion.Based on the team manager’s calculations, the 2020 funds should be enough to cover training until the end of the year, including wages for the athletes and coaches.“Our program mustn’t stop. If it is stopped right now because the government doesn’t have enough funds, for instance, we’ll lose three months’ worth of preparations,” he said, adding that an official letter would be sent to the sports ministry soon to find the best solution.“When we summon athletes back to the training camp, they can’t immediately get back to their usual level of performance. If the government’s budget is limited, we’ll adjust our program – so long as we can continue with training.”Similarly, the Indonesian Shooting Association (Perbakin) said it would also coordinate with the government to ensure it can continue preparations for the deferred Summer Games.The association has had to nix several plans for oversea tryouts, including the Shooting World Cup in India, tournaments in Germany and Azerbaijan and the Olympics test event in Tokyo.“Because there have been a number of canceled events, some of the allocated funds can no longer be accounted for,” Perbakin secretary-general Firtian Judiswandarta said on Friday.“We’ll consult with the Youth and Sports Ministry on how to shift those funds into our training program,” Firtian told the Post. Perbakin received Rp 7.9 billion for its 2020 training fund.On the bright side, the delay also gives the association time to book more places for Tokyo.The Indonesian shooting squad had booked one spot in the Tokyo Games through Vidya Rafika Rahmatan Toyyiba. The 18-year-old secured her spot after finishing 14th overall in the women’s 10-meter air rifle qualifier during the 2019 Asian Shooting Championship in Qatar.Now it could also prepare Vidya for a place in the women’s 50-m rifle three-positions category, and another spot in the 10-m air rifle mixed team category, with fellow shooter Fatur Gustafian, Firtian said.Topics :last_img read more

Update on the latest in sports:

first_imgElsewhere in the NHL:— Buffalo Sabres defenseman Lawrence Pilut is forgoing a chance to continue his NHL career by signing a two-year contract with Russia’s Chelyabinsk Traktor. The signing was announced by the Kontinental Hockey League team Tuesday, and comes after Pilut had difficulty establishing a regular role over the past two years in Buffalo.GOLF-GARY PLAYER-LEGAL DISPUTEGolfer Gary Player gets $5 million in legal dispute with sonWEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Hall of Fame golfer Gary Player will get $5 million and the rights to his name and likeness back after a legal settlement with a company operated by one of his sons. Update on the latest in sports: UNDATED (AP) — The familiar scene of Confederate flags waved by fans at NASCAR tracks could soon be a relic of racing’s good ol’ boy roots.Bubba Wallace — the lone black driver in the sport — this week declared it is time for the stock car series with deep ties to the South to ban the flag at its properties and formally distance itself from what for millions is a unwelcome symbol of slavery and racism.The signs are everywhere that NASCAR could do so. As the nation grapples with social unrest largely tied to the death of George Floyd in police custody in Minneapolis, the predominantly white field of drivers united for a video promoting social change. A black NASCAR official took a knee before Sunday’s race near Atlanta in what may have been a first and the governing body vowed to do a better job of addressing racial injustice.Wallace – who wore a black T-shirt with the words “I Can’t Breathe” at Sunday’s race — seized the moment and issued his most compelling comments yet on the often thorny nature of race and racing: “My next step would be to get rid of all Confederate flags.”There was no immediate statement from NASCAR. The series in 2015 asked fans to “refrain from displaying” the flag at its facilities and events. Major women’s tournament canceledPARIS (AP) — The Evian Championship women’s major golf tournament has been canceled because of the coronavirus outbreak.The event in France had already been postponed from July to Aug. 6-9.Organizers say they cannot overcome “uncertainty concerning the opening of borders” with Asia and the United States.Tournament chairman Franck Riboud says the cancellation is “unavoidable in view of the situation with regards to U.S. travel to continental Europe.” Gurley’s $6 million, one-year deal with Atlanta was made official on April 6. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the NFL didn’t allow players to report to their new teams immediately for physicals.Gurley’s physical was notable because he has a history of knee problems, including an injury while a standout for the Georgia Bulldogs. A persistent left knee injury limited his effectiveness late in 2018 with the Los Angeles Rams. He played in 15 games last season.The Falcons expect the 25-year-old Gurley to replace Devonta Freeman, who was released, as the leader of the Falcons’ running attack.NFL-BROWNS-DIVERSITY PROGRAMBrowns welcome 6 coaches as part of diversity program CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cleveland Browns have welcomed six young coaches, including two women and former NFL player Leonard Hankerson, to take part in the final three weeks of their offseason program.As part of the Bill Walsh Diversity Coaching Fellowship, the team brought in the coaches so they can gain experience while working with an NFL team and potentially land full-time jobs in the league.Hankerson played four seasons with Washington. He’s in his second season coaching wide receivers at Stephen F. Austin.Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said diversity will always be an important component for Cleveland’s organization.GOLF-EVIAN CHAMPIONSHIP According to court documents filed Friday in Florida, the 84-year-old golfer and the South Carolina-based Gary Player Group reached a settlement last month as the dispute was being arbitrated. The group is operated by Marc Player, one of the golfer’s six children.Gary Player designs golf courses and sells golf equipment, sportswear and wine under “The Black Knight,” his nickname.His attorney would only say there was a “contractual dispute.” Associated Press The Women’s British Open is still set for Aug. 20-23 in Troon, Scotland.The three majors played in the United States have been rescheduled for later in the year.GOLF-COLONIAL-FLOYD TRIBUTEPGA Tour to hold minute of silence at 8:46 to honor FloydFORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — The PGA Tour is leaving the 8:46 a.m. tee time vacant this week at Colonial. It’s part of a tribute to George Floyd and to support efforts to end racial and social injustice. PARIS (AP) — France’s highest administrative court has upheld the decision to cancel the rest of the domestic soccer season amid the coronavirus pandemic.Two clubs that had been demoted to the league’s second division had gone to court, along with a seventh-place club, to try to force the league to play the remaining ten games of the aborted season.The court did suspend the demotion of those teams.The season was canceled with Paris Saint-Germain declared champion.NHL-KINGS-CARTER SURGERY UNDATED (AP) — Athletic administrators at schools with high ticket demand are making plans to determine who gets a seat if college football stadium capacities are reduced because of concerns about coronavirus.Nebraska has sold out every home game since 1962 and the season ticket renewal rate was 93% for this fall.  Officials say priority plans being considered take into account how much money the ticket holder donates and how long he or she has held tickets.Alabama and Ohio State are also assessing options.FRENCH SOCCER-COURTFrench court upholds suspension of season Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditVIRUS OUTBREAK-NASCARNASCAR set to allow fans back in Florida, AlabamaDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — NASCAR is set to allow fans back at the track for races this month at Homestead-Miami Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway.center_img The hall closed on March 16, but permission has been granted by Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine for museums, science centers and zoos to open.There will be several health and safety guidelines in place for visitors and workers at the Canton shrine. All employees must wear face coverings and visitors are encouraged to do so as well.The hall is making both masks and disposable gloves available. It also will hand out a stylus to anyone wanting one for the interactive displays.TENNIS-US OPEN-DJOKOVICDjokovic may skip US Open Atlanta winner Kevin Harvick doubled his points lead over No. 2 Joey Logano to 48. Chase Elliott is third, followed by Brad Keselowski and Martin Truex Jr.NCAA-COMPENSATING ATHLETES-DUKEDuke AD worries about athlete compensation ‘complications’DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Duke athletics director Kevin White is joining his counterpart at rival North Carolina in expressing concerns about “potential complications” with plans to compensate college athletes.The school released White’s statement Tuesday about the NCAA’s move toward allowing athletes to profit for use of their names, images and likenesses (NIL) through deals with third parties. White’s concerns include impact on recruiting, risk of “ever-escalating endorsement deals” and reduced resources for lower-profile programs. LONDON (AP) — The tennis rankings that come out after the 2021 French Open ends will be used to determine who qualifies for the postponed Tokyo Olympics.The International Tennis Federation says its eligibility rules will be the same as originally set up for Tokyo, with requirements related to minimum participation in Fed Cup or Davis Cup — and an appeals process for players who do not meet those standards.The cutoff for ATP and WTA rankings points for the 2020 Games originally had been Monday. But because of the coronavirus pandemic, the Olympics were pushed back a year to July 2021.VIRUS OUTBREAK-TICKETINGAthletic administrators will have to decide who gets tickets BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — Top-ranked Novak Djokovic is thinking of skipping the U.S. Open — if it is played — and instead returning to competition on clay ahead of the rescheduled French Open.Djokovic tells Serbia’s state broadcaster RTS that the restrictions that would be in place for the Grand Slam tournament in New York because of the coronavirus pandemic would be “extreme” and not “sustainable.” He says that “as things stand,” he would skip the U.S. Open and return to action in September on clay ahead of the rescheduled French Open.Djokovic says most players he has talked to were “quite negative” about going to New York.TENNIS-OLYMPIC QUALIFYINGRankings after next year’s French Open will determine Olympic qualifying NASCAR will allow up to 1,000 Florida service members, representing the Homestead Air Reserve Base and U.S. Southern Command in Doral, to attend the Cup Series race Sunday as honorary guests and view the race from the grandstands.Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama will allow up to 5,000 guests in the frontstretch grandstands/towers for the June 21 Cup race. There will be limited motorhome/camping spots available outside the track.NASCAR says all fans will be screened before entering, required to wear face coverings, mandated to social distance at six feet, and will not have access to the infield, among other revised operational protocols.NASCAR-CONFEDERATE FLAGBan the Confederate flag? NASCAR could see the end of an era Authorities say 8 minutes, 46 seconds is how long Floyd was pinned to the ground under a white Minneapolis police officer’s knee before the handcuffed black man died.Commissioner Jay Monahan says the tour will have a moment of silence and reflection at 8:46 a.m. in each of the four rounds at the Charles Schwab Challenge. The moment of silence will start with three short blasts of the horn.FOOTBALL HALL OF FAMEFootball Hall of Fame reopeningCANTON, Ohio (AP) — The Pro Football Hall of Fame will reopen Wednesday after nearly a three-month closure caused by the coronavirus pandemic. June 9, 2020 AUTO RACING-NASCAR CUP SERIESNASCAR Cup Series moves to Martinsville SpeedwayUNDATED (AP) — Seven-time series champion Jimmie Johnson will make his penultimate visit to Martsinville Speedway on Wednesday.Johnson leads all drivers with nine victories on the paper-clip shaped oval in Virginia. He hasn’t won there since the fall of 2016.Johnson’s overall winless streak climbed to 105 with his seventh-place finish at Atlanta Motor Speedway. It was his second straight race finishing in the top seven. White said he and UNC athletics director Bubba Cunningham worry about “potential for abuse,” saying: “These are but a few of the questions for which we have no answers.”NFL-FALCONS-GURLEY PHYSICALTodd Gurley passes physical with Falcons, impresses RyanATLANTA (AP) — Running back Todd Gurley has passed his physical, clearing the final hurdle for his return to Georgia with the Atlanta Falcons.The Falcons say Gurley passed his physical on Monday in Atlanta. LA Kings’ Jeff Carter has surgery on core muscle injuryLOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles Kings forward Jeff Carter has undergone surgery to repair a core muscle injury.The Kings say Carter had surgery last week. The veteran Stanley Cup winner is expected to be fully healthy for next season.Carter was injured in a game at Winnipeg on Feb. 18, and he missed the final 10 games of the Kings’ season.Los Angeles is among the seven teams that won’t be returning to action when the NHL resumes competition this summer amid the coronavirus pandemic.last_img read more