• Home
  • Tag: 上海夜网WS

Several skills training programs underway at State Prison to benefit inmates

first_img Share 22 Views   no discussions Sharing is caring! Photo credit: philosophers-stone.co.ukActing Chief Prison Officer Kenrick Jean Jacques says the construction of a new mess hall kitchen facility and a drug prevention program are among initiatives designed to enhance the lives of the inmates.He told the official closing of the May Criminal Assizes that there are several skills training programs designed to enhance the welfare of the inmates are also underway.“Several inmates are employed on the kitchen facility project. They are being trained with the necessary officers in terms of brick laying, plastering and construction works. We also have the joinery shop where we do furnitures, beds and stuff, and currently we have two modules organised by the Youth Division. We are doing a barbering module and an auto mechanic module,” he said.Mr. Jean Jacques also noted that there is a drug prevention progamme ongoing with the assistance of personnel from the Drug Prevention Unit.He says there are also plans in place to improve the security at the state’s prison.“There is a plan of improving security in terms of setting up cameras and CCTV’s where we can monitor what is happening at various points of the institution, to ensure that we tighten up on security,” he added.There are currently 247 inmates at the Stock Farm Prison of which 8 are females and eight of the males at the prison are under the age of 18.Meantime Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit in his National Budget address on June 29th, 2011 announced that the Government is working towards the implementation of an enhanced security system which is in sync with today’s technology at the state prison.Dominica Vibes News LocalNews Several skills training programs underway at State Prison to benefit inmates by: – July 14, 2011center_img Tweet Share Sharelast_img read more

Anirban Lahiri banking on experience to succeed at British Open

first_imgCarnoustie (Scotland), July 18: Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri believes the feel-good factor will stand in his favor when he makes his sixth attempt at The 147th British Open starting here on Thursday.The 31-year-old Lahiri, who was crowned the Asian Tour Order of Merit champion in 2015, hopes to bank on his familiarity with the prestigious tournament as he bids for the Claret Jug at the year’s third Major championship.“There is a feeling of familiarity at The Open. This is the Major championship which I have played the most number of times. I was telling my caddy that I even recognized one of the security guards here. I don’t feel out of place at The Open. Everything is set up like it has always been so it feels really nice to be back,” said Lahiri in an Asian Tour release.Lahiri, a seven-time winner on the Asian Tour, made his Major debut at The Open in 2012 where he came in tied-31st. He finished one rung better in 2015 to mark his best result at the world’s oldest Major championship.Also in his breakout year in 2015, Lahiri clinched a solid tied-fifth finish at the PGA Championship for his career-best result in a Major championship.“For me, the more important thing is to play well. I want to do better than what I have done before. I know I can do that because I have contended in Majors in the past. I am getting a lot of confidence from the golf I am playing right now. “It is not the typical Open, which used to be wet and cold so that makes me more comfortable. The course also reminds me a bit of the Delhi Golf Club, where one can keep hitting two-Irons and keep the ball in play,” Lahiri added.Lahiri has been plying his trade on the PGA Tour since 2015. He has captured three top-10 finishes so far this season.“It has not been the typical preparation for me. I usually play the Scottish Open and then The British Open but this time, I came straight from the United States,” he said.“Also for logistical reasons, I have played only 18 holes. Normally I would have played 36 by now. But having said that, I am still very comfortable in that I have not overplayed. There is no nervousness.”At The 147th Open, Lahiri will fly the Indian flag alongside rising star Shubhankar Sharma, who leads the Asian Tour standings. (IANS)last_img read more

CL:Michael Essien wary of Atletico Madrid fans

first_imgAC Milan midfielder Michael Essien has admitted that the Vicente Calderon will be intimidating for his side when they face Atletico Madrid in their Champions League round 16 return leg clash on Tuesday night.The former Real Madrid player acknowledges that Atletico Madrid fans will play a huge role as Milan seek to overturn a 1-0 deficit from the first leg.Essien has claimed that the supporters inside the Vicente Calderon will be a factor.“We know the kind of atmosphere that the Atletico fans can produce here,” he told a Press conference.“We know we’ll be able to feel that, but we’re here to play football.”Essien then commented on this being a special occasion for himself, having played for Real Madrid, and his arrival at San Siro. “Yes, this is something of a small derby for me!“I had the offer of coming to Milan, and then Seedorf arrived. [Chelsea boss Jose] Mourinho told me it was a good option.”last_img read more