• Home
  • Tag: 上海夜网PF

Messi unlikely to change mind on Barca exit, says presidential candidate

first_imgLionel Messi is unlikely to change his mind about leaving Barcelona, the club’s presidential candidate Victor Font has said.Messi rocked Barcelona last month when his lawyers told the club he wanted to activate a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave for free before the 2020-21 season.The club disputed the claim saying the clause expired on June 10 — with La Liga also releasing a statement saying his contract was still valid — but Font is not optimistic about convincing Messi to stay another year. “I really hope the decision can be changed,” Font told Sky Sports. “It doesn’t seem likely, though… if that’s the case, the focus should be on making the transition as smooth as possible.”Messi loves the club and he wants to win, he wants to compete. He has been saying this for many, many years, it’s not just been for a few weeks.”Unfortunately the club has not been able to deliver on the promise of building a competitive team.”Messi, 33, last won the Champions League with Barcelona in 2015 and an 8-2 humiliation at the hands of Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals last month was the final straw for the six-times world player of the year. Messi, who failed to turn up for pre-season training on Monday, had previously labeled his side “weak” and “inconsistent” after surrendering the league title to rivals Real Madrid.The club has spent millions on players in the transfer market who have not come good in recent years and transfer strategy is something Font hopes to change if he is elected president.”Currently you have the president, the chairman of the board and even some directors making decisions about signings, about selling players and that needs to be changed,” Font, who hopes to succeed president Josep Maria Bartomeu in the election next March, added.”That’s why we’ve been working on a project and we need people to lead that who come from the world of football.”Lionel Messi’s father and agent headed to Barcelona on Tuesday for what Argentine media said was a meeting with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu.TV pictures showed Jorge Messi boarding a private plane in Rosario.The plane was destined for the United States, from where he would proceed to Spain, local newspapers Ole and Capital de Rosario reported. center_img Topics :last_img read more

Football News Bengaluru FC signs midfielder Alejandro till end of season

first_imghighlights New Delhi: Bengaluru FC has signed midfielder Alejandro, the Indian Super League club announced on Saturday. The 27-year-old midfielder joins on the short-term deal till the end of the season replacing Australian Erik Paartalu who has been ruled out of action since picking up an injury against Chennaiyin FC on February 9.”Losing Erik Paartalu ahead of games that will decide the season for us has been a big blow. He was crucial in our midfield and his winning character helps us in the tough games. But we have to accept the circumstances and move on.”In Alex, we have a temporary replacement who brings with him experience and physicality in the middle of the pitch. We are sure he will help us as we enter the home stretch,” said Blues’ head coach Carles Cuadrat. The midfielder, who will be plying his trade outside Spain for the first time, said he was upbeat about the opportunity to take the field for the Blues.”Since I was playing regularly before coming to India, I am fit and want to get onto the field as soon as possible. I want to work with the team and the players to get comfortable with all the boys quickly,” said Barrera after completing formalities. Barrera becomes the sixth Spaniard at the club this season and believes the presence of fellow countrymen in the side will help him settle quicker ahead of the playoffs. Bengaluru FC has signed midfielder Alejandro. The 27-year-old midfielder joins on the short-term deal till the end of the season.He will be a crucial player for the team. For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

Mike Scott’s confident shooting off bench has been key for surprising Clippers

first_img Kristaps Porzingis ruled out as Clippers, Mavericks set for Game 5; Follow for game updates As the 11-6 Clippers begin garnering wider attention for their success, so far, as the NBA’s anti-superteam, a quote from reserve forward Mike Scott has been circulating. Translated for a family audience, he basically said: We’re no punks.There isn’t yet an All-Star among them, but there are no pushovers, either. The Clippers’ roster is so well stocked with capable contributors – such as Scott, a defense-stretching, sharp-shooting big man – they’re proving a tougher team to beat than those outside the organization predicted.“Any given night, someone’s gonna come up big for us,” Scott said before the Clippers embarked on their just-completed three-game trip, during which he looked right at home being that someone, coming up big against his two former teams.In Monday’s 127-119 victory against the Atlanta Hawks, for whom the emoji-symbol-tattooed Scott played the first five years of his NBA career, he stepped in at small forward and proved perhaps the difference-maker. What the Clippers are saying the day after Luka Doncic’s game-winner tied series, 2-2 For Lakers’ LeBron James, Jacob Blake’s shooting is bigger issue than a big Game 4 victory Those instructions aren’t likely to change soon; the 30-year-old Scott, who signed a one-year, $4.32 million contract with the Clippers in July, is shooting 48.9 percent (23 of 47) from beyond the arc this season. That rate is both a career-best and the fourth-best in the NBA, just 0.3 percentage points shy of Steph Curry’s current 3-point pace going into the Clippers’ game Friday afternoon against the Memphis Grizzlies at Staples Center.“Just keep shooting, staying confident,” Scott told reporters in Atlanta, crediting his coaches for their encouragement. “Just shoot it and it’s gonna fall.”Scott’s belief extends to the best-performing bench unit in the NBA, which he’s helping score nearly as many points (56.1 per game) as the Clippers’ starters (61.8).“We have a nice little thing going on,” the 6-foot-8 forward said recently of the bench. “Me, (Montrezl Harrell), Lou (Williams), Sin (Thornwell), Ty (Wallace), yeah, I like what we’ve got going on.”Scott could point to a few of the distinctively expressive tattoos on his broad shoulders to express that, or perhaps to the one on his upper chest, which reads, in cursive, “Contre le Monde” and translates to: “Against the world.”IS MEMPHIS CLAMP CITY?Like the Clippers, the Grizzlies have enjoyed sneaking up on the NBA this season.While L.A. has been sinking teams with its depth, Memphis has, well, clamped down on opponents with its defense.According to NBA.com statistics, the Grizzlies’ contingent of Mike Conley, Marc Gasol, Garrett Temple, Kyle Anderson and rookie Jaren Jackson Jr. enter Friday’s game with a defensive rating of 87.6, which is how many points they’re allowing per 100 possessions. It’s 7.1 points fewer than the league’s next most stingy unit (Oklahoma City’s Paul George, Dennis Schroder, Steven Adams, Jerami Grant and Terrance Ferguson) and it’s remarkable in this season’s high-octane NBA, with teams averaging 110.6 points per game.By comparison, the Clippers best defensive fivesome – Patrick Beverley, Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris, Danilo Gallinari and Marcin Gortat – have a defensive rating of 103.1.Related Articles Clippers hope they can play to their capabilities, quell Mavericks’ momentum With starting forward Danilo Gallinari sidelined with an illness, Scott played a season-high 28 minutes and had a season-high 18 points, 12 of which came on four 3-pointers during the Clippers’ fourth-quarter rally. He spotted up in transition, drained open 3-pointers and then slammed the door with his career-best sixth 3-pointer over a charging John Collins – a basket that made it 122-114 with 1:30 left.Then, even as the Clippers sputtered in Tuesday’s deflating loss to the Washington Wizards – for whom Scott played last season – his production didn’t falter. Back in position at power forward, he canned three 3-pointers in 14 minutes.“Mike’s been shooting the ball so well,” Clippers coach Doc Rivers told reporters in Atlanta. “We just told him to stand still and if the ball comes to him, shoot it.” Clippers vs. Mavericks Game 5 playoff updates from NBA beat reporters Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more