• Home
  • Tag: 上海夜网KY

Indonesia’s confirmed COVID-19 cases may spike in upcoming days, govt warns

first_imgThe government has warned that the number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Indonesia may spike in the upcoming days as they are set to receive more results from 12 laboratories across the country that were recently authorized to conduct COVID-19 tests.“We acknowledge that there might be a sharp increase in the number of COVID-19 confirmed cases since we have been very active in conducting [contact] tracing and people have become more aware about the disease,” Health Ministry disease control and prevention director general Achmad Yurianto said on Tuesday.He said authorities would continue to trace other people who may have been exposed to the disease more thoroughly.The government had so far tested more than 2,300 samples from patients suspected of being infected by the coronavirus, Yurianto claimed.Previously, the COVID-19 tests were only supposed to be performed by the Jakarta-based Health Research and Development Agency, since it was the only laboratory that had been authorized by the government.However, as of Tuesday the tests can be carried out in 12 laboratories as stipulated in Health Ministerial decree No. 01/2020.Read also: COVID-19: Indonesia suspends visa-free policy, expands ban for people from worst-hit countriesAs of Tuesday afternoon, he said, the government had already received specimens of six confirmed cases from Airlangga University, Surabaya, East Java, adding that the laboratory had performed its task very well.Yurianto also hoped that other authorized laboratories, such as the Eijkman Institute for Microbiology in Jakarta and the Health Ministry’s Environmental Health and Disease Control Centers in 10 cities across Indonesia, would also send their results to the government immediately.“We will also shorten the procedure for delivering specimens from hospitals to laboratories,” he said, without elaborating further about the current procedure.Yurianto also urged the public to promptly visit hospitals if they had been in contact with COVID-19 patients, and went on to advise people not to panic when the government announced a staggering increase of confirmed cases of the disease in the upcoming days.On Tuesday afternoon, Indonesia announced 38 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of confirmed infections in the country to 172. The death toll remains at five while nine have recovered from the disease, according to the government’s data. (glh)Topics :last_img read more

Spain reports more than 23,000 new COVID-19 cases since Friday

first_img“If the appropriate safety measures are applied, the probability of transmission is negligible,” Simon said.Five people died in the past day, bringing Spain’s total death toll to 29,094, ministry data showed.Daily deaths, which tend to lag spikes in new cases by several weeks, have increased lately to levels last seen in June, but remain well below the late March peak of nearly 900 deaths per day. Topics : Illa said that the situation is not comparable to the pandemic’s first peak in March and April, noting hospitals now have greater capacity. He said that nothing can be ruled out but it would be unlikely Spain would need to close schools again or impose a new state of emergency to try to tackle the virus.Since bringing the first wave largely under control through a strict lockdown that ended in June, Spain has been hit by a sharp resurgence of infections as measures were relaxed and mass testing began.On Aug. 21, daily infections hit nearly 10,000, their highest level since the peak of the epidemic in late March. They have come down to about 9,000 to 8,000 per day last week, updated health ministry data showed.With the new academic year approaching and Spain registering the highest number of cases in western Europe, officials sought to assuage fears that schools could turn into vectors for mass contagion.center_img Spain has registered more than 23,000 new COVID-19 cases since Friday, health emergency chief Fernando Simon told a news conference on Monday, suggesting the infection rate had declined slightly from an Aug. 21 peak.Health ministry data showed 2,489 new cases were diagnosed in the past 24 hours, bringing the total since the onset of the pandemic to 462,858.”Of course we are worried because we have to stabilize and bring down the infection chain,” Health Minister Salvador Illa told Catalonia’s regional TV channel 324 late on Monday, adding that the goal is to avoid pressuring hospitals.last_img read more

Genting unveils revamped GentingBet site

first_imgShare GentingBet secures North American racing boost with XB Net July 22, 2020 Leisure and entertainment operator Genting has confirmed that it will be consolidating its digital product offering as part of a revamp of its GentingBet site.As part of the revamp, Genting will be rebranding its online casino, live casino and sportsbook offering across its mobile and desktop platforms, and is hoped to deliver an enhanced range of tools, games and sports betting markets together with a new design which provides intuitive functionality and navigation.Jeremy Taylor, Managing Director of Genting Online commented on the rebrand: “Our new GentingBet digital offering draws upon our 50 years heritage of providing a premium world class casino experience across the globe   to create a prestigious, unique and safe online gaming environment for our customers, 24/7 on any device.“Following significant research and development, we’ve created a user-friendly and intuitive experience which we believe provides our customers with a truly world class digital offering. We have also continued to place the highest priority on our commitment to responsible gambling. Through the tools we have in place on the website we have ensured our new gaming environment exceeds the expectations of the regulator rather than simply complying with the minimum requirements.”The rebrand is due to support Genting’s increased focus upon European expansion, having recently applied for gaming licences in Malta and Spain with further applications to follow in the coming months.Taylor added: “GentingBet is the online destination of choice for customers who want to enjoy the best of a premium and authentic land-based experience combined with a dynamic, exciting and safe online environment.“And, as part of our evolution we’re constantly refreshing and refining our product offering to ensure we provide the best selection for our customers.  We have a fantastic range of online casino games, plus a dynamic and comprehensive sportsbook, but what is truly unique is our immersive range of live streamed casino games – all available regardless of what device customers play on.”Focusing upon its social responsibility mandate, GentingBet will offer increased visibility of its safer gambling tools to help customers set their own loss limits, deposit limits and wagering limits. Genting was previously named as the first gambling company to achieve GamCare’s Safer Gambling Standard. In order to help deliver this, Genting have also partnered with customer service provider Zendesk for the new site launch to provide users with access to a call back service which offers customer support round-the-clock via telephone and an online chat function. Share StumbleUpon UKGC launches public awareness campaign on gambling controls, rights and safeguards August 3, 2020 Submit Related Articles GambleAware forms ‘Lived Experience Group’ supporting treatment research July 23, 2020last_img read more

Kevin Harvick to NASCAR exec: Don’t ‘air dirty laundry on radio’

first_img NASCAR at Bristol: Odds, prediction, sleepers, drivers to watch for Food City 500 Single-car qualifying on the superspeedways and the mile-and-a-half race tracks.“Any time that you have a draft, the guy in second is going to be faster than the guy in first as long as he’s close enough. That’s one of the unforeseen consequences that have come with this rules package that have impeded qualifying sessions that we’ve had this year. … Now we’re kind of getting the finger pointed at us from a drivers standpoint and referred to as trying to sit at the end of pit road and do this on purposes so it will go away. That’s not the case,” Harvick said.“We’re all sitting down there and trying to figure out how we can somehow manage ourself in a hole to be first. That’s really what it’s about. Whatever the rules are, however you want to manage everything, it’s about being first at the end of the day and trying to be the pole-sitter and the best way to do that is to wait until you get in position behind the most amount of cars to be last (in line).”O’Donnell on Monday on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio addressed tweaking qualifying.“We’re going to look at every option,” he said, “including the possibility of going to single-car qualifying. … We’ll make adjustments as needed.” Asked on “Morning Drive” if what has happened in qualifying has made him angry, O’Donnell said “absolutely,” adding:“I think it’s ridiculous, candidly. I know the drivers did not like this qualifying before the season. Part of you says, ‘Are we doing this on purpose to get rid of it?’ I know it can be done. I know we have the best drivers in the world and crew chiefs to figure it out. We seem to want to outdo each other, and that results in sitting on pit road.“We’ll react to it. We’ll make the right call and get it right. We don’t want to see cars sitting on pit road for 8 minutes. That’s not NASCAR racing. We’ll make the fix there.” Kevin Harvick fired back Wednesday at a NASCAR executive who speculated earlier in the week that Cup Series drivers are trying to force the sport to return to single-car qualifying from the group qualifying that drivers have complained about this year.In a radio interview Monday, Steve O’Donnell, NASCAR’s chief racing development officer, pointed to drivers who parked at the end of pit road during group qualifying, remarking in part: “Part of you says, ‘Are we doing this on purpose to get rid of it?'” Harvick responded Wednesday on his “Happy Hours” show on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio when asked how the qualifying format could be fixed: “Well, one way is not to air your dirty laundry on the radio. I feel like calling the drivers out and saying that they’re sitting at the end of pit road on purpose is probably not something that you should publicly say even if you think it.”. @KevinHarvick reacts to Steve O’Donnell’s comments on #TMDNASCAR and offers his perspective on qualifying and what happened at Texas #HappyHours @StewartHaasRcng @KHIManagement #NASCAR pic.twitter.com/CX9Puylzci— SiriusXM NASCAR Radio (Ch. 90) (@SiriusXMNASCAR) April 3, 2019And Harvick’s suggestion? Related Newslast_img read more

LSU exposes Oklahoma’s longstanding Playoff — and championship — problem

first_imgAlmost every year, OU finds itself heading into November in the title conversation. But whether it’s three straight BCS Championship game losses or four consecutive College Football Playoff defeats, the Sooners also find themselves falling short — sometimes woefully so — of winning the big game.MORE: LSU hands Oklahoma another SEC-style beatdown in PlayoffSo what gives? Why are the Sooners good enough to reign in the Big 12 Conference, but not good enough to finish the deal on the championship-deciding stage?“We’re continuing to make strides,” coach Lincoln Riley said Saturday night. “There’s no doubt about it. I mean, just putting yourself here four times in five years is — I mean, that’s so hard to do, man. It’s so hard to do. So I think we’ve made some great improvements with the program.”Saturday was, without question, a setback toward any progress made this year. The Tigers, playing without their only proven running back (Clyde Edwards-Helaire played only a few snaps because of a hamstring injury), shattered Peach Bowl and College Football Playoff records with 692 total yards of offense and 31 first downs.Oklahoma has failed in seven straight big-game defeats now. The Sooners have been outclassed when the opponent had superior talent, and they’ve been outplayed when the talent was similar.“You play really good teams in this Playoff,” Riley said. “And when you don’t play your best ball, good teams are going to take advantage of it.”Before Saturday, this season looked like it could be different. Riley went into this season needing a complete defensive restoration, and for most of 13 games, he got it. New defensive coordinator Alex Grinch brought the Sooners back from college football’s defensive abyss and established a new mentality. OU finished last season 114th nationally in total defense, but went into bowl season ranked 24th this year, an improvement of 90 spots in the NCAA rankings.But Grinch’s rebuild took a hit in this game without three starters: Defensive end Ronnie Perkins (first on the team in sacks) was suspended for failing a drug test; Free safety Delarrin Turner-Yell (second on the team in tackles) broke his collarbone in practice; nickelback Brendan Radley-Hiles was disqualified in the first quarter after a targeting penalty.How much did their absence weigh on Saturday?“I don’t know how you measure that,” Riley said.Here’s how: 63-28. The Sooners’ defense, already light on elite talent and thin on depth, probably had no chance against college football’s most prolific offense. Without those defensive starters, it became a grotesque mismatch.MORE: Takeaways from LSU’s record-breaking Peach Bowl winRiley said it was difficult to find a balance between lamenting the sting of losing another big game by five touchdowns and celebrating the big-picture success of another 12-2 season.“I’m excited about where we’re heading defensively,” Riley said. “I think we’ve just scratched the surface about how good we can be on that side.”Whether it was Bob Stoops or Riley at the reins of the Sooner Schooner, the problem has been that the opponent just had way more upper-crust talent. Heisman-winning quarterback Joe Burrow threw for 403 yards and seven touchdowns in the first half alone. Justin Jefferson caught nine passes for 186 yards and four touchdowns before the Tigers built a 49-14 halftime lead.Oklahoma fans have seen it before, but Riley hadn’t. The largest margin of defeat in his three-year career was just 11 points. Maybe Riley can lean on Stoops for how to handle such a disaster.The 2005 BCS national championship game — that brutally bad 55-19 blowout at the hands of top-ranked USC — was 38-10 at intermission. The Trojans had a pronounced advantage in talent that night in the Orange Bowl, too, and when some Oklahoma players folded their tents, things got ugly.In Oklahoma’s two return trips to Miami, the Sooners (led by Heisman winner Sam Bradford) lost 24-14 to a Florida team that was loaded with NFL players in 2008. Last year, led by Heisman winner Kyler Murray, lost 45-34 to an Alabama team that jumped to a 28-0 lead behind a similarly primed elite roster.After restoring Oklahoma’s glory in just his second season by beating Florida State 13-2 in the 2001 Orange Bowl for the national championship, Stoops’ first big postseason loss came three years later in the BCS title game, against LSU in the 2004 Sugar Bowl against LSU. Nick Saban and his staff faced a Sooner squad (led by Heisman winner Jason White) that had been compared to the best teams of all time. But LSU was more physical and made more plays in New Orleans, prevailing 21-14.The Sooners had a shot at breaking the trend two years ago when, led by Heisman winner Baker Mayfield, they built a 17-point lead on Georgia in the 2018 Rose Bowl. But the Oklahoma defense couldn’t hold on, allowing the Bulldogs to win 54-48 in overtime. That OU team featured an offense that was historically good behind Mayfield, and a defense that was historically bad under Mike Stoops.It was the same formula the Sooners followed in losing to Alabama last year: Murray set records offensively, but Mike Stoops coordinated the worst defense in school history before he was fired at midseason.MORE: Updates, scores and highlights from LSU’s record-breaking win ATLANTA — Oklahoma has a College Football Playoff problem.The Sooners, historically and contemporarily, are one of the elite programs in college football. But after Saturday’s 63-28 semifinal beatdown against No. 1 LSU (14-0) in the Peach Bowl, they have now gone 19 seasons without a national championship, the longest drought in school history since their first title in 1950. And some of the seven losses, like this one, were just plain ugly. The Peach Bowl was its own game, and had nothing to do with either of the last two Playoff losses, nor the 37-17 Playoff loss to Clemson in the 2015 Orange Bowl, nor any of Stoops’ BCS title game defeats.But the common thread is undeniable, and has now stretched over 19 years and multiple postseason blowouts: Oklahoma continues to rule the Big 12, but when measured against the LSUs, the USCs, the Floridas, the Clemsons and the Alabamas of the college football world, the Sooners have a Playoff problem.“This program has championship DNA,” Riley said. “We kind of find a way. And we’ll be back.”last_img read more